As part of their report, the Consultants made some recommendations about next steps. They are:
- Engage in backward planning
- Further vet the options under consideration: the consultants suggest that there is more work to do for all three options under consideration. This includes having discussions with Epping and Dover, engaging a structural engineer to conduct in-depth work at the JRSRHS and review and revise the ed specs developed prior to the last proposal.
- Include the needs of the elementary school
- Obtain a broader view from the community: they suggest using the UNH Survey Center to conduct a professional poll of the community, and holding a special district meeting.
- Continuing and expanding the School Board and Town Council relationship
- Engage in Strategic Planning
- Consider engaging an economist/demographer
- Examine potential cost savings opportunities
The School Board meets tonight at 7pm.